Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh my aching back

I'm starting to get annoyed at my back because for the past week + it's been keeping me down...literally. Over the weekend I had to stay on my back to give it a rest dr.'s orders. And it still hasn't totally let up. It's the weirdest thing because I honestly don't know what I did to make it hurt so bad, but it feels like I have a super nasty kinked neck in my back (that's the only way I can describe it). I've been to the accupunturist a couple of times (which is always a fun experiement in interpreting accents, they're Chinese and super nice) and the chiropractor...it's helped but still is there. Blah! I've come to realize that I get rather impatient when my body isn't up to par....I don't like feeling like crap (who does really) but I'm a bad sick person. I hate just laying around when there's so much to do in my home, not to mention a very rambunctious todler to keep up with. Well, I'm hoping that soon I will be able to get back into the swing of things and stop being a whiny cripple...boo hoo for me.

5 comments:

Nathan Mathews said...

Its from the car accident with Mary, they should never have put us in those neck braces and strapped us to those boards. . . .

Alton clan said...

Aha! I'm suing!

Hopie said...

I AM SO SORRY.... that you went and had needles stuck into your back... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? I'm gonna start calling you Mike. I'm calling you right now, I'll get you straightened out!!!

Jodi Glazner said...

My sister just woke up one day with a swollen disk and couldn't walk or anything. She had to do physical therapy and everything. You should ask if there are any excercises you should be doing. When I was so sick while I was pregnant I pretty much had to sit in the middle of the floor and let Owen run around me to mske him think I was playing with him.

Dean Lords said...

I've always said that it's a good thing to get a back ache every once in a while. It reminds us that we are not spineless!

Nothing a few shots of burbon won't cure i'm sure. At least that's what i've heard anyway.

Hope you're doing better.